We love, love, love mother-of-pearl buttons, and so were fully smitten when we discovered the vintage mother-of-pearl cabochons featured in this necklace in an east coast warehouse.
Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so the one in your necklace will not be identical to the image.
We hand-dyed them yellow in small batches on the stovetop in our St. Francisville, Louisiana design studio.
In the necklace:
- Mid-century mother-of-pearl oval with an illustration of one yellow rose
- One antique brass button, chosen from our collection, circa 1880-1900
- Two tiny hand-dyed mother-of-pearl buttons
- Victorian-style brass stampings, made today in the USA in antique dies
- Length is 18" with 4" extender